Friday, October 5, 2007

Rani Mukherjee's Exclusive Interview

The collaboration between Rani Mukherjee and Sanjay Leela Bhansali has been more than fortunate. Black went on to bag almost every award imaginable. Now once again Rani has joined hands with Bhansali for Saawariya. Giving Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor the lead to be the stars of this potential blockbuster, Rani speaks about Bhansali’s new discoveries.

How good a prospect is it to be launched by Sanjay Leela Bhansali?

It’s a blessing for Ranbir and Sonam to be launched by Sanjay not only because he’s a big director, but because he gives so much time to groom them and to help them grow as actors. He’s really... really special and Ranbir and Sonam are blessed to have been launched under their banner.

How does it feel to be working with Ranbir and Sonam?

For me working with Ranbir and Sonam is different because I’ve known them from before. I’ve seen both Sonam and Ranbir literally groom before me while they were assisting Sanjay on the making of Black .

Do you think they’ll make an impact on Bollywood?

I think both of them are going to create a stir. If I have to say something about Ranbir – he’s going to have a great female following. Ranbir has a unique, special nice style of dance. Sonam looks so beautiful and I think that she’s got Anil and Sunita’s good qualities. She’s going to have a tremendous male following. Both of them are going to be the biggest stars in Indian cinema.

This isn’t the first time you’ve interacted with the two

Yes, the difference is that while I did Black, Ranbir and Sonam were behind the camera and now they’re with makeup and costumes. As individuals they were the same since then. They were nervous while facing the camera and they were nervous even in front of me. So I would joke around them and try making them at ease. But because they have such a great guide – in the form of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, they don’t need anything else.

Do you think you and Salman might overshadow the newcomers?

No ways.Our presence in the film is because Sanjay wanted us and we love Sanjay. I think me and Salman are going to get overshadowed in the film.

You and Sanjay Leela Bhansali have worked before...

For me Sanjay will always be special. He’s my friend and the relationship we have while working and the rapport we’ve created while working together continues. I hope we work more in the future

No comments: