Wednesday, October 3, 2007

For Rani 'Laaga Chunri...' is like a Bengali film

Rani Mukerji, who is currently shooting with Pradeep Sarkar for 'Laaga
Chunri Mein Daag', which is about a woman who stumbles into prostitution
for her family's sake, feels like she's doing a Bengali film. 'We're all Bongs here - from Pradeepda and his wife to Jayaji (Jaya Bachchan) and Konkona (Sen Sharma). All you'll hear on the sets is a loud babble of Bengali voices. We're constantly jabbering in Bengali and
cracking up at our own jokes. If you enter the set you'll feel it's a Bengali film,'
Rani told. In fact, the one outsider is Kunal Kapoor, whom the two girls constantly
torment by talking in Bengali. 'It's so cute, really. Pradeepda and his unit treat me like a family member.
The entire day we're laughing and cracking up at our own jokes. Shooting is always fun. But this time it's something else,' Rani said. Isn't the bonding over a few schedules too little time to be treated as family members? 'No. It's not as though I got to know Pradeepda only in this film. I've done many ads with him. I'm fortune that I'm now doing a feature film with him. He has a stunning eye for detail. The other unit where I had fun right through is Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Saawariya'.' She added: 'Whether it is Pradeepda or Sanjay, I love my directors. People who are part of my life would never ever disrespect me or my family, or I theirs.'

No comments: